FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creative routings from US to Europe using Skymiles
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:31 pm
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
For now I have an OJ ATL-AMS and DUB-ATL. When I tried to add CDG or MUC the taxes and fees went from around $50 to $150. The miles are coming out of a Medallion account so I can still play around with other routings.
I figure I will take the ferry from Cherbourg to Rosslare after touring Belgian beer country.
Any suggestions on cheap intra-European trips on LCC's from AMS, BRU, CDG or the UK?
Avoid FR like the plague? Well, if the weather's nice, they're OK. Still, I'd pay a bit more and fly U2, especially if you're doing hand baggage only, as they don't weigh it like FR does. Finding LCCs at the major airports will be harder and more expensive. For instance, it generally doesn't make sense to use U2 to fly to AMS, as they've succeeded in driving down fares on the legacies to the point where by the time you pay for a bag and get yourself out to LTN or LGW, you could have flown from LCY or LHR for the same amount in less time.