FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:25 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by FrequentCeejay
Haha, what does it actually offer? I only know one emirates business class lounge in dubai. That was pretty ok, food, drinks, massage chairs, computers etc.
There is some food during "meal hours", which means during the "odd" times from around 10am-11am, and 2.30am-5am or so (not exactly sure as I usually catch either the morning, early afternoon or evening flights, only twice had no food available) there is no hot food (only lunch and dinner is hot anyway, breakfast is nice croissants. Oh, and the hot food is consisting of exactly one choice. It may be good or quite average - usually noodles or something with potatos (my favorite is the Swiss "Älplermagronnen" while more often than not, it's kind of a Nasi Goreng - there are a few more choices, but I don't have them in my head right now)

Compared with EK's HUUUUUUGE C lounge it's quite small, but even when full reasonably private. There are showers (shower?) and clean toilets, good but not terribly fast internet, ask for vouchers at the entrance.

Drink selection is ok, and there is a "long bar" (I think they banned smoking there, but I've not been there in a long time) where you can order some drinks as well, but again, haven't been there for a long time now, I usually have earlier flights during the day and when I start drinking, I prefer to start it off with a few beers and just switch to cocktails later during the flight.. but I'm getting off the topic here..

There are also a few computers, if you're without your own device there. Pretty much standard. Plus the "regular" lounge offerings, like fruits, newspapers, magazines.. again, nothing to write home about, compared with the EK C lounge you'll definitely note the difference, but it's not like the worst lounge ever (Say, the C lounges in FRA are MUCH worse, while the C lounge in MUC is probably slightly better than the ZRH one.. especially if you like beer, it is )

edit: Sorry, forgot the best thing. There is a Mövenpick fridge with around 4-5 different flavours of this very nice Icecream. It's located left of the computer stations, a bit away from the food area, so look out

Last edited by YuropFlyer; Jul 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm