FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question JFK lounge - What to do???
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:18 am
michael_v

Originally Posted by ComputerAge
Lol you asked for it.

Here's the story.

So my CO flight out of Newark is at 1030AM, right?? So I leave my Queens apt at 5:00AM. I suggest to my stupid Dial7 (now i use an Asian service ) driver to go to GW Bridge, but no he's so smart. He takes the ******* BQE to Williamsburg Bridge, then Holland Tunnel. Guess what. Apparently, an oil spill, the whole d*mn highway is closed down. It's 10:25AM and I'm on the BQE. Thanks god I work for TSA. I used to work at the CO terminal so me and the manager became "friendly". He heard of this, put my son and husband on standby to SJD (they made it that day at nighttime) and me and my daughter had to go the next day. Thank god, he charged us no fees.

So thats why I leave so early to go to airports. But I'm gonna be at the Admiral's Club anyway so I can take care of some things.

Lol, I always wear my badge and I get to cut security and sometimes immigration.

Anyway, off to get a good rest. That's the story...
Sorry for the OT and I don't live in NY, but aren't there subway trains to the airport?