FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF said that DL gave us 'fake reservatiohs'
Old Jul 5, 2011, 7:18 pm
EdDoc99

AF said that DL gave us 'fake reservatiohs'

We just got back from a CDG-LAX flight in Premium Voyageur on AF that I booked on the phone w/DL in January this year. We checked in at CDG about an hour and a half before the fight left. We were later than we wanted to be because the Paris traffic on the first day of school vacations made the bas between Orly & CDG late. At the counter, I asked for our original seats, 20 A & B, as assigned to us by DL (I had a printout with me). On our LAX-CDG flight, we were put into the 2 middle seats which killed us. The agent said that not only would we not get those seats, we wouldn't get any seats since they were overbooked! She said that we never had those seats anyway since that was a 'fake reservation.' She said that DL's computers don't talk to AF's, and that DL knows that. She didn't even have my Silver Medallion number. We eventually got on the flight. My husband got a seat in the bulkhead row, and a teenager next to him traded with me. So I ended up in a bulkhead row with an aisle seat which was a great improvement over my outbound seat.

Has anyone had a similar experience with being told they have a 'fake reservation?'