FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines seating issue: flying with a baby
Old Jul 5, 2011, 2:58 pm
sysunyu

Arrow

Originally Posted by slomrtwo
And make sure the check-in at each gate early. When we had a VIE-FRA flight delay that shrank our FRA layover and we weren't at the gate 45 minutes ahead. United then gave away our Economy Plus bulkhead bassinet seats and assigned us to the back row of Economy for FRA-SFO.
I paid extra to get 2 bulkhead seats in Economy Plus Class. I hope that we will arrive at the gate 45 minutes ahead because our 2 flights connect time at Washington (IAD) Airport is 1 hour 16 minutes.

Thank you for your advice.

I called United Reservation Centre regarding our request for bassinet. I explained that our baby will be 9 month, but looks like 6-month baby as he is a premature baby. They answered that they can not confirm right now and bassinet request is based on 'first come and first served'. We have to double check at the airport on the day of departure. Therefore, by the time we arrive at the gate, we are not sure that we will have a bassinet. Anyway, I think our 2 bulkhead seats will be more comfortable even without bassinet.