FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions... questions... new to Blue
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:21 pm
ukchris

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
Questions... questions... new to Blue

Hello! I am a regular US Air / Alaska flyer who may be moving a lot of my travel over to Jet Blue, as such I had a few questions regarding the differences in the JB experience. I'd be most grateful for any input.

1. As I understand it there is no status program similar to other airlines, you earn points toward free trips etc but there are no actual tiers that lead to upgrades and bonues etc, is that correct?

2. As a follow on to #1 I understand JB is in essence a single class cabin, there is no first class? Details below on "premium seats".

3. I have read about the premium seats with extra leg room etc but I could not find much detail on the web site. Is it possible to determine which flights feature these choice seats and what the costs are to purchase them?

4. I would be travelling the BOS-PDX route so probably a 6h flight, is it reasonable to assume that JB would support this with aircraft that provide the select seat option etc?

5. Service - is the cabin service roughly the same as other domestic carriers? i.e. free soft drinks etc but meals available at a cost? How are the meal choices etc?

6. Is there any priority option at security? I am used to being able to use the priority lane at security, is there any such option with JB?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Chris.