FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines seating issue: flying with a baby
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:01 pm
slomrtwo

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by PTravel
That may have been what the GA told you, but it's not UA policy. I think you were lied to by a GA who was betting your flight would be later than it was. If that should ever happen again, as for a customer service supervisor, or the station manager -- what they did was wrong.
Basically I had enough time to see they had changed our boarding passes and tell them it was wrong. Then the plane was leaving and they said I could wait for a station manager and try to get on the later flight or just get on ours (which had a connection following it) and take it up with the purser. So we just got on our's. I explained it to the purser who said, "There is nothing I can do." I then saw our seats were empty so we just sat and waited. Another passenger came by and asked which seats were our's and I responded "These." and they just continued on. I'm guessing they were the people "upgraded" to our seats. At least they didn't make a big deal about it.

Once home I contacted UA to ask what had happened. (We also never received the requested bassinet on either sfo-fra or fra-sfo and on sfo-fra 2 infants had been assigned to our row but only enough O2 masks for 1 so after we were seated we were moved that time too.) The UA agent apologized and gave us both $500 e-certs. (At the time I didn't even know what an ecert was or that UA even cared if you called about poor service.) So those covered a trip to Hawaii for us, so we felt more than compensated.