FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with AMEX (France) miles posting June
Old Jul 2, 2011, 10:41 am
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't get any calls. Maybe there is something in your profile that says you want to receive offers?
I used to receive regular phone calls from people ambiguously introducing themselves as Amex, then being more clear about the fact they were not by asking me questions I did not like, especially things they should have known if they had access to my Amex account.

They were almost always trying to sell me insurance products (disability, daily allowance in case of hospitalisation etc). They were sometimes very pushy and I could feel the girl (most often it was girls calling) was desperate to get her commission on the sales she was hoping top make with me.

The most pushy call was from Amex though. She wanted me to sign up for an Optima card. Despite my telling her I did not want it, she kept insisting and became almost abusive in her language. Definitely a desperate salesperson.

I complained to Amex and those called stopped.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 2, 2011 at 10:47 am