FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Rates
Thread: Airline Rates
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:23 pm
merrickdb

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ldsant
No, I completely understand what you are asking for. As others have said, your airline/company will negotiate with particular hotels. I know that some crews stay at different hotel chains than others due to what has been negotiated by the airline.
While airlines, just like other companies, often have negotiated rates with Starwood, both for staff and crew, Starwood also has an airline employee rate plan that has nothing to do with a negotiated rate with any particularly airline and that airline HR departments (particularly at a small airline) are likely to have no knowledge of. It's intended primarily for airline employee leisure travel. This is the same rate plan ID90 uses, but, for most rates, you need only be an airline employee and not an ID90 member (occasionally Starwood hotels have both ID90 and standard airline employee rates). Hilton, Intercontinental, and others have the same, and many other hotels (including Four Seasons, Raffles, and Amans) will often extend discounts to travel industry employees. Sometimes I'm asked for an ID and sometimes I'm not, so I wouldn't advise booking under one of these rates without actually having an airline ID.