FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor HA Response to Online Question
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:39 pm
WebTraveler

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by flysfromPIT
HERE IT GOES:

So in the end, I get my question answered so KUDOS TO HA on this one in the end. ^

Their info was helpful but the only thing left to point out is that I am not so much concerned about the 3rd flight being added as much as I want the 2 flights they do have consistently to be on 'better' days to allow a better "work week" on the island. Again - my selfishness was why I asked the Q in the first place.

Interestingly enough, over the last 3 years I've flown this route 16 times (8 RT's), and when combining all 16 flights I could probably count the total number of open seats (I think all on 767-300) on the entire plane on 2 hands. Maybe I just fly at the peak times? ...And the amt of cargo going in and out of each plane is more than I think I have ever seen anywhere else.
Since this airline makes money in most quarters, I would defer to their judgment. The seats may be full with 2 flights per week year round and 3 in the summer. But if they went with three in the winter, would it be full? Maybe not.

As for cargo, with 2 flights per week, sure it is full. But in the winter? Maybe not.

And finally, maybe fares on this route go for X, but fares on another route go for Y. So maybe they can make MORE money on another route.

There are a lot of variables and since there is not huge competition to this destination it's telling you that it's not a huge windfall money maker.