FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our Honeymoon; LHR-YYZ BA in F, Fairmont Royal York; TheFalls & Boathouse (photos!)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:26 pm
vieri_c

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
Originally Posted by malkie
I'm very glad you like my TR - it was fun taking the photos and I really enjoyed writing the report as it reminded me of the good times we had while away.

I know exactly what you mean - my personal issue is my height (6foot4), which really doesn't fit well into economy spaces. The ground experience of premium flying is always fun, but the key element is the additional personal space on-board.

I'm considering giving AirAsiaX a try for a trip to Australia - it's not a business class product by any standards, but does give you excellent space on board. It's competitively priced with other carriers premium economy products, but with a seat used by other airlines in J. I'm just concerned about their lack of customer care when things go wrong.
We flew ICN-KUL in cattle class with AirAsiaX a few months back. The premium seats do look good, plenty of legroom especially in the front row. Its angled lie flats, but for the price its pretty outstanding value, especially when you catch 1 of their fare promos.

Yes their call centre can be difficult, and dont expect compensation for delayed baggage, plus baggage seems to get damaged more frequently with AirAsia, perhaps as they only load bags manually. However groundstaff are always helpful and pleasant, even at peak times at their KUL bus depot masquarading as an airport terminal!

1 advice, do take your noise cancelling headsets, the A330s are pretty noisy, I wonder if AirAsia skimmed on the insulation for weight-saving! Have been on other A330/340 family aircraft, defo a difference in noise!

Last edited by vieri_c; Jun 30, 2011 at 5:31 pm