FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:00 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by hqly2001
For any amounts above $500, my bank said that they will need to send out the coin and process "subject to count". What have your experiences been with subject to count? Are they pretty accurate and is the service reliable?
At least they are warning you about this before hand.

I, and others, have had problems with BofA not even telling us they're going to count the coins later (in one guys case, 3 weeks later).

I summarized a bit of the discussion a while ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15651396-post12391.html

From my experience, I would absolutely NOT deposit my coins with any bank if they intend to count them while not in your presence and make adjustments later. Some people have been dinged for a lot of money on this, and, you have no recourse other than hoping your bank branch considers you a 'valued customer' and credits back the debit amount as a goodwill gesture (i.e. don't expect that courtesy to be repeated).

There are numerous banks that take them 'as is' rolled from the mint, and accept that each roll is $25. I'd advise doing this with a more amicable bank/branch (better yet have a few to cycle through so you don't exhaust your welcome).

Last edited by thehawk75; Jun 29, 2011 at 5:05 pm