FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TPE layover questions [merged thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:11 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Jamoldo
There are some similar threads to yours in this part of the forum "Asia" section that I and others have contributed to. You should be able to find them if you use the search function (or scroll to past pages of threads).

I think 8 hours is plenty of time and there is lots of good eating to be had!
Originally Posted by npei
If you get extra day, obviously plenty of time to do sight-seeing plus hit the tasty restaurants and night-market street food scene.

You may also want to check out re-routing if possible from PVG-TPE to PVG-TSA (downtown Taipei airpt), since TSA is accessible by MRT and you are 15 min. by MRT from many tourist attractions in Taipei
Thanks to both of you. On the day in question the only flight I can find on *A is PVG-TPE so I'll take that. I've been able to work 1 night in Taipei which will at least allow some afternoon sightseeing and evening eating. The latter being important on all my travels.

I've been looking at some hotels near the main train station. Is this the most convenient for the bus? Also, what are my options to get back to TPE for a 7:50AM flight? I think the buses begin to depart at 5AM... too risky?

Edit: Jamaldo I had seen some threads on Taipei, but when I started this, as a layover, I hadn't seen anything explicit toward my question. But yes, now that I have an overnight I'll peruse them thoroughly.