FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:50 pm
CMHFlyerOH

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by booyaa
She said that they are backed-up right now and should have an answer within the next 2 weeks, since it can take up to 30 days. I clarified that the application is pretty much approved but still needs "verification."

What the "verification" is I don't know and didn't ask. It just seems weird that they have the "verification" stage AFTER the approval? Has anyone heard about this or know anything about this? What do they verify? I've been following this thread and don't recall anyone reporting similar experience, even if applied after me, which leads me to believe they don't do this for everyone, even the reconsidered ones. I feel like my application has fallen into a black hole ever since it was "approved".

I don't want my CO account closed and BA CL reduced for nothing.
The delay that you are experiencing is consistent with my sister's experience of signing up for this card after making similar changes to her existing card accounts at chase. You'll get it in the end, but you just have to hang in there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that you can do to speed up the process either, nor do I know what they are "verifying" but you'll be fine.

Last edited by CMHFlyerOH; Jun 27, 2011 at 8:01 am