FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Emeryville (Bay Area) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:28 am
mitch1

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
I stopped here last week to see it before checking in at the Hyatt Place in Fremont. It is a little difficult to find if you haven't been there before but I found it very easy to get back on both freeways thanks to their directions. Front desk staff was very helpful and told me the property would be undergoing a full conversion (new beds, carpet and furnishings) to Hyatt that would hopefully be done by the end of the year. When I told them I was a Diamond they offered to give me a brief tour and sent a bellman out to show me one of the rooms. I've never stayed at a Woodfin Suites but the room layout reminded me of some Summerfields I stayed at in California and Texas.
I was told there are 2 room types here. Deluxe rooms have a bedroom and a seperate living room with a kitchen. Standard rooms are smaller but they said the majority of rooms are Deluxe. There was a full service restaurant in the lobby for the free hot breakfast and a free happy hour too. I noticed there were train tracks directly behind the hotel but I'm not sure which line/trains use them or if noise would be a problem. Lots of free parking in the hotel lot with a Starbucks, Borders, Barnes & Noble and movie theatres nearby. I believe the staff is being trained by the folks at the Hyatt Place Fremont. I would stay here in the future since I often fly into Oakland. It's a short drive across the Bay Bridge into the San Francisco but it all depends on the time and traffic when you do it.