FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DXB Delay
Thread: DXB Delay
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:25 pm
BA0197

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Just an update here: I am now in the lounge at DXB again. The flight to LHR has been further delayed to 8:50 with a scheduled arrival time for 13:05. Fingers crossed for no long holds over London. I do fear I shall miss my connecting flight to Tunis though, from LGW, which departs at 15:50. Thank God I can access Fasttrack (though that might not make a difference). I now must rush off the aircraft, collect my 2 bags (of which I regret bringing now), take the National Express to LGW and hopefully meet my conformance times(or does LGW even have one?). The worst part is that the two flights are not on the same booking code (as I had booked them separately). Else, I fear I might have to pop into my parent’s flat in London (and get the key from my neighbour).

If I do miss my flight do you think BA would put me in a hotel, as I am connecting to another BA flight at Gatwick from a BA flight from Heathrow? I know they are not obliged to do this, but do they still put people up anyway?

The lounge is fully stocked with breakfast and the sausage has passed the HIDDY test. I think I’ve taken in a gallon of tea to attempt my staying awake.

However, I note you say you're saving miles to use for a trip to London during the Diamond Jubilee. Am I right in thinking that's next year? I know this has nothing to do with your flight delay, but please remember the Olympics are also in London next year and award space will be very limited as the flights will fill up with fare paying passengers. It's just a thought for getting online the minute the award space opens up.
Sunrisegirl
I am planning to book as soon as possible for the Jubilee. I do have enough miles for an economy booking, but if I were to get a bit of a bonus of my miles, I could do a CW to London. Thanks for your concern though. Though, currently BA have not released the seats to London for May 30th to June 6th.

This will surely shed some light:
I can confirm that it was a combination of a tech fault and a weather issue.