FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:36 pm
Innerloop

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
My assumption is that you retain your points, and promotions currently in the account, then with the RC card, your account becomes as RCR primary account and promotions applicable to you are those offered by RCR not MR ( I think they have $$ off promo now). This is my best guess.
As far as I can tell, my Marriott Rewards acct is still primarily a Marriott Rewards account. Is there some way to tell definitively? If I go to "My Promotions" the only one that appaers is a Marriot-branded "Earn a free night for every 2 paid stays". No sign of any RC branding on the account page or any $$ off promo.

So signing up for the card did not change my rewards account status from one to the other, at least not yet.

Without having seen the promotions offered on the RCR side, I think the odds of finding a promotion that "fits" my travel schedule is probably greater on the MR side, just because of the far greater number of properties & locations. Annoying to have to choose, don't see how that benefits them OR me to have access to only a subset of promotions.