FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You might be a Kettle with Medallion Status if
Old Jun 23, 2011, 4:05 am
MFMeow

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
This list is funny partly because sometimes I think the same stuff in my head, and partly because it's amusing to see what judgments people make of other folks' behavior.

I miss ticket jackets but they were kind of a waste. I have a leather travel documents holder now because it's a handy place to keep boarding passes and HOOU coupons and I never forget where I put my boarding passes. Everything else is stored electronically in WorldMate.

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
And calling your significant other immediately after landing is called "courtesy". When the wife says "call me when you land" and I do... well, I'm being a good husband and it takes me about 10 seconds to do. Not a big deal.
There are several legitimate reasons to make an "I just landed" call. Calling your ride immediately after landing may also be called "summoning transportation". When my ride is coming from Decatur on a Friday night, I still beat him to the curb in ATL for pickup. I always do it really quietly though, so I don't look kettle-like.

I will also admit to a fondness for MDxx's. (I don't think actual kettles -- even Medallion Kettles -- even know what type of aircraft they're flying on.)

Or... I'm just a Medallion Kettle trying to justify myself.