FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LY Premium Eco and cabin overhaul?
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:08 pm
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by awayIgo
Going with this the current C could be premium economy and I think lots of people would be very happy. ( and more may even decide EL Al should be flown.)
The current C, while being miles behind decent C, is too much for E+. Lie-flat, (angled, but still 170 degrees,) 62 inches of seat pitch...

E+ is at minimum, a few inches of extra seat pitch, and maximum, say, 10 inches extra pitch, a bit wider, couple inches extra recline. The largest seat pitch I've ever seen for E+ was BD's, which has since been discontinued.

Originally Posted by clubman
Can't see that happening somehow, even if it would make it the best PE product out there (well perhaps on par with BD's though I'm not sure it exists anymore).
Even better than BD's, which is no longer around.

Originally Posted by ly787
The F and C seats in EL AL are the same seats - the only difference being the C class is the 777/747 version (allowing 2-3-2) and the F is the A330/A340 version (2-2-2).
i have mentioned this so many times in the past :P
IB uses the F class in their Business Plus.
Still don't really get your comment. There are airlines who go 2-2-2 on 777s and 2-3-2 on A340s. Just say the F is not F, it's C. Not it's A330/A340 C. That's just weird