FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAN ANTONIO HR vs GH
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:19 pm
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by thumbelina
I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt each December since it opened. The first time it had not been open that many months and I changed between two or three rooms neither of which had hot water and finally gave up.

When I returned last year as a Platinum (I am now Diamond thanks to FT's help with the instant diamond info) they were still unable to give me a room wih hot water despite my changing rooms once or twice and having maintenance up to "fix" the problem.

A member of staff later admitted to me that they had been unable to solve the problem even a year later.

I don't know if it is a problem with a certain wing or the entire hotel. But it has plagued my stays there--I have to stay there to utilize a mobility cart to get to.around the convention center. It is the only hotel with direct access for a mobility cart to the convention center.

I would peruse online reviews and see if others are still experiencing problems getting hot water there.
Instant Diamond info? All I can find are challenges... Do share