FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:30 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Happy
Correct. Not even to a very legit business such as a Laundromat or a car wash business for example. There are folks who can truly circulate the coins via such business operations are told to order the coins different ways which are not free.

Yet we have folks here bragging about their exempt status so they can order $10K each on consecutive days... and the shipments certainly aint going to be circulated.

But that is our government at work... so be it.
Whats sad about this situation is that banks get charged fees for ordering the dollar coins in their currency orders. When I first started doing this, the RBS near my office loved it when I would make a deposit (now that they don't have the vault space or the need for them I am sure they feel differently LOL). When I first started bringing them in the teller told me they had a customer that wanted them but the only way they could get them to him was when someone would bring them in (which was usually only a few) and they wouldn't order them with their currency order because the fees were too high on them (go figure the US government wants them in circulation, gives free shipping and waives credit card fees to us and charges a bank fees to order them). I used to bring them in and they would call their customer and he would come in and buy the coins from them. Apparently he has all the coins he needs because they have asked me a couple times to wait a few days on bringing them in until they were able to send them back out of their vault.

I am surprised the mint hasn't revoked everyones exemptions.