FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:50 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621
As far as people being treated as if they have an exemption, when they don't, I hardly think so. There is a big difference from slipping in a couple of $1,000 orders within the 10 day window and being able to order $10,000 or more on consecutive days.
Not everyone wants to order $10,000 or more on consecutive days. At least not me who does not have a banking relationship to dispose this much amount. And let's not go into the endless debate of the spirit of the program, and how some do not really have legit business reason to get exemption but went to get it until the Mint finally stopped such practice...

Using credit cards of the moment is as easy as creating an order and forwarding the order confirmation back to the mint and adding it to the exempt list. As dayone stated having an exemption does preclude anyone from using any credit card at will for a $1,000 order!
Correct. No different opinion here.

If using spreadsheets to keep track of orders, shipping dates, authorization dates, using virtual card numbers, using gift cards, using authorized user cards, using multiple emails floats your boat, have at it.
Using Spreadsheet and Accounting software is a habit from previous professional life so exempt or not exempt, I would still use such. It is nice and neat to be able to see a full picture of various status. Not a biggie. It is just the recent developments added some interesting twists to kick the game out from boredom, as if resolve a jigsaw puzzle...

BTW, there is absolutely no need to use different email. And for the record, I have never bought a GC for this pursuit - that I totally agree it is too much hassle.

However it seems plenty of the exempt folks love to use the GCs too - not out of any need but for the rebates. So your assumption is a bit off here because those who use GCs are not using it to bypass rules but for the additional rebates. I would not be so quick to judge others as if having exempt is of some supremacy even though the exempt status may be, cough cough, ill-gotten.