FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie MFU question
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:42 am
JSC

Originally Posted by Lobengula
As far as I know, you can only MFU a leg, not individual flights that make up that leg. A stopover is just a longer wait before the next flight on a leg.

You can of course do individual bookings (LHR-SIN) and then a separate (SIN-SYD). Then it is possible to upgrade only SIN-SYD. Might cost more though.

Also, MFU to SYD is according to many posters here difficult as it's a very popular destination. MFU will only work on BA metal, not QF codeshare.

One more thing, a ticket from HEL via LHR is cheaper than a ticket directly from LHR. This is caused by heavy taxes for LHR departures.
Just reviving this thread as it was the only one I could find about MFUs with a stopover...

So if I want to MFU from WT+ to J on a flight that is LHR-SIN (stopover 2 days)-SYD, that I have to see availability on both legs? I have been tracking and availability does seem to come up for the 2 days in advance but nothing either side of it. So I'd have to get BA to hold an MFU on LHR-SIN until the SIN-SYD availability appears 2 days later if I was to be able to book this. Anyone succeeded in this?