FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IPhone 4 - configuration question
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:56 am
nmenaker

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
turn off data

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I have a prepaid AT&T Sim card that I will use in my unlocked Iphone4 while in the states... I use the phone only to make voice calls.... but want to avoid having the phone automatically download emails and do other data things... not sure how I need to change the settings to do this and if I can set the phone to manually disregard all data functions while still remaining a usable cell phone.

Thanks...
just turn off cellular data..

settings/general/network from there, turn off enable 3g, and turn off cellular data. Just like when one travels from the USA to another country, best way to not have data charges.

SMS and phone calling still work fine as does WIFI when in a hotspot area.

Also, best to go into your email settings and set download to manual. you can also turn off PUSH if you like. This will simply negate any popups that there "is not data connection" when the phone tries to get your mail on the regular settings you have setup for timing. there wouldn't be any CHANGES or DATA ACCESS at all if you have already done the above steps to turn off data, but you would get annoying popups every few minutes