FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:26 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MojaveJack
Headaches? It's not like she was rolling in with a handcart and $10K in coins. She then went to Chase across the street and had NO PROBLEMS. ^

The problem is that some banks just want to make money, they don't want to provide customer service.

As long as people don't care about lack of service and continue to use those banks, they'll stay in business unless some exec makes some stupid decision and puts them into a financial crisis. But if the bank is big enough the FED will step in and bail them out at tax payer expense. What a racket.
While I think 6% is excessive for a fee, I don't have a problem with a bank charging a non customer a fee or refusing the service at all.

It isn't fair for the banks customers to wait in line while a teller is spending time on a non-customer. Most banks charge to cash checks for their non customers, IF they will do it at all.

If go into my bank and deposit $1,000 in coins all they will do at RBS is just count the number of rolls and credit my account. If there happens to be a shortage, they can debit my account. Would be the same if I asked for paper currency, if they find out I had a different amount, they could debit or credit my account for the difference.