FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:21 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by thegasguru
In my case, I'll have several dozen transactions in a month on my Amex, only 2 or 3 of which will be Mint purchases. Does anybody know if that makes me less vulnerable to a FR?
If the purchases to the mint are only for $1k and are on the same am ex card, you should be fine if some of the other transactions are for larger items. If you are making 3 $10K a month purchases to the mint and the other transactions are things like $2 charges at starbucks, you run a bigger risk of a FR.

I have a few different credit cards I use for my hilton and delta am ex purchases, and I try to put other charges on the cards issued in my family members names such as for online purchases and places where you swipe the card yourself like grocery stores to avoid having only mint purchases on those card numbers as well.