FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL RJs getting Wifi in 2011. Where is UA?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:33 am
Critic

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
UA/CO do not fly any RJs. UX does. So this is irrelevant.

Since DL connection carriers make up some of the UX carriers, I would say that UA could implement this if they wanted to, pretty quickly. Not sure that I am too interested in it though. It involves paying money for WiFi on a (typically) short trip.
The OP wasn't talking exclusively about RJs, so the point is still valid:
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
UA really seems to have dropped the ball when it comes to Wifi, which is pretty disappointing. I would love to at least see it on PMUA aircraft, even if they just outfitted more of the 757s
I'm not sure I get why everyone's making such a big deal about wi-fi. Frankly, I look forward to being on a flight without wifi, because it means that for however many hours, I can be blissfully disconnected from my job and the world. I'm in no hurry to Tweet from 30k feet, and the connections aren't usually fast enough to allow for streaming media. (That's when you can get them to work at all - I was on a US redeye - an A321 - from PHX to PHL last summer, and I couldn't even get the GoGo signup page to load on my work PC.)