FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dilution of Diamond Force (with points)
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:27 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Diamonds can "force" a room purchase if made over 48 hours out, and if there is no "extraordinary demand" (e.g. NBA game, convention, etc.) Diamonds can get a "force" for a standard award room, with the same caveat about extraordinary demand periods, but I do not believe there is anything in writing that follows the rep's line. From Hilton HHonors <link>:

Diamond Reservations Guarantee:

The Diamond Reservations Guarantee allows Diamond members to place a guaranteed reservation at a sold out hotel when made 48 hours prior to arrival, except during Extraordinary Demand Date periods, when the hotel becomes overbooked on inventory by more than 10%, and for some hotels when the hotel becomes overbooked on inventory by more than 2%.

48 hour guaranteed room reservations can be made by Diamond members online at HHonors.com by clicking "Reward Stays" or over the phone by calling the Diamond Member desk or the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care office nearest you. These reservations are only applicable to paid stay reservations for all room types and reward stay reservations for standard rooms. For complete details, click here.

The FT guideline is to call again. I'd wait to start a new thread until after I received some confirmation this is a current and applicable rule.