FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:57 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xp0
I am lucky that I have never needed to do that. It takes long enough to open the large boxes, slice the tops off the small boxes, throw out all the random paper they put inside, and then break down the large boxes for the recycling bin.

If I actually had to unroll all of the coins... well, I dont know if it would be worth it then! (actually, I am sure I would still do it ... I would just complain more )
Something that I found that works GREAT for opening the mint big boxes as well as the box of the 10 rolls is a letter opener. I am talking those retangular shapped ones that companies use as promos that are made of plastic with the little blade at the end.

I can just slit the box open, remove all the excess paper the mint puts in, slit open the $250 boxes and just verify the amounts and take them over to the bank. And for the ones that come to my PO Box, it is easy to just put it in a shirt or pants pocket and slit open the boxes at the Post office and verify the amoutns before walkign them to the bank.

I also take it with me to the bank and when I make the deposit slit the tape on the bottom and fold up the boxes neatly and put them beside their trash can and their janitor puts them in their recycling bin when he cleans.

The sharp plastic tip is also great for quickly removing the paper on the top of the roll on the coins that I do put back into circulation.