FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What can I expect from LHR-LCA?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:08 am
Smirnoff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BicesterTerrier
Flying ET to LCA tomorrow, there are 6 of us going. What can I expect from the flight, it seems to be somewhere between long LH & SH, is there any IFE, I assume we only get fed the once.

I am travelling with my Parents and a pregnant Wife (around 5 1/2 months) along with my Brother & Partner. Dad is diabetic so tries to keep his food intake regular, if there is only a single meal and no option for snacks then we need to plan for this.

He is also registered blind, although with limited vision, along with the pregnant wife do you think we would be able to board early? I read somewhere that LCA goes from A10 is this true and is early boarding possible with a bus? Spoke to BA CS and they said we might be kept back to board last if we requested special assistance, unless we wanted a wheel chair, which we don't.

Looking forward to the trip, bought some Bose QC15 yesterday, looking forward to trying them out.

Going through your points...

1. I assume you have OLCIed already. Seating in WT is 2-3-2, so you will be best with 3 sets of window pairs, or 2 sets of middle seats. Very occasionally they will substitute the plane for a lh 767, which will giev you a MUCH more comfortable journey. You will be able to tell if this case from the seat map.

2. It is certainly NOT "between" sh and lh. It is sh service on a very long flight. There is one meal, which will be a hot breakfast, serviced shortly after take-off. You will be on the plane for around 5 hours (0830-1330 UK time), with breakfast serviced around 0930 UK time, a drinks round later, and a duty free round. I definitely recommend taking some food for snacks later in the flight.

3. The 662 is most often coached from A10. It may also go from a B/C gate, or one of the 767 stands (A11, A13). There are usually multiple wheelchair users and special assistance cases (10 wheelchairs is not uncommon). I believe these are boarded first, so I suggest being at the departure gate at least 30 mins before departures, so 0820. On arrival, they are asked to stay on the plane till last.

4. There is supposed to be a movie - Just Go With It (on the 662), Rango (on the 663). But don't be surprised if the sound doesn't work, the overhead monitors don't work, or the whole system doesn't work. This is totally normal.

5. Don't be alarmed if the call bells start ringing by themselves (for anything for a few minutes to 5 hours) and/or the overhead lights start flashing. This is totally normal, as the airline doesn't fix this.

6. Crew are always fun. On the LCA run. (Note the rhyme).