FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Instant Gold membership for Visa Signature cardholders
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:42 am
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Mora
I can't find anything about having to pay with the Visa Signature for the stays in the T&C on the sign-up page:

"Hilton HHonors Member must register by August 31, 2011 with their valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. Hilton HHonors Members with Blue or Silver status or Gold members not currently participating in another fast track offer will receive HHonors Gold Elite status at the time of registration valid through August 31, 2011. By completing three qualifying stays at any participating hotel and resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio by August 31, 2011, Member will retain HHonors Gold Elite status through March 31, 2013. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain HHonors Gold Elite status. If Member does not complete three qualifying stays prior to August 31, 2011, Member will return to their former HHonors tier status after August 31, 2011, and standard tier requirements again apply. Offer available only to valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders and is not transferable. Full details of HHonors Gold Elite Membership will be mailed to Member after completing three qualified stays prior to August 31, 2011, or click here to HHonors Gold Elite benefits are subject to availability and may vary at each hotel. This offer may be terminated without notice.

Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

©2011 Hilton Worldwide"
But, the requirement IS posted at least two other places, including the FAQ page and the signup confirmation page. On the latter, it states:

Congratulations!

You now have HHonors Gold membership through August 31, 2011. You can immediately take advantage of Gold benefits at any of the 3,700 hotels and resorts in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. To extend your Gold membership through March 31, 2013, simply complete three stays using your Visa Signature card by August 31, 2011.
(Bolding mine)

The first thing I did after I registered and got my Gold back (had dropped down to Silver and was hoping for an offer like this to come along, i.e., something better than the "regular" Fast Track back to Gold deals such as the MVP offer ) was to edit my HHonors profile and add my Visa Sig card as my preferred credit card. @:-)