Old Jun 9, 11, 5:48 pm
beofotch

Programs: AA Concierge Key, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Update 5 (and hopefully last one!)

After a schedule change caused more disruptions, I tried changing flights on the Delta website. While doing this, Delta.dumb glitched out and deleted my entire itinerary. I called Delta 10 minutes later and 8 days later they were finally able to reinstate the itinerary after waiting on partner Malaysian to re-open some legs that were no longer available. This was frustrating and scary waiting for this. On the plus side, I was able to improve some of the return flights because of the schedule change, and avoid China Eastern and a tight connection and Y RJ from JFK - CLT.

Can't ask for much more for low inventory.

Here is how it stands (2 x 120,000 miles):

Aug 27
CLT - JFK - LAX - TPE - KUL (Destination) on Delta and Malaysian (with CLT - JFK on a RJ with Y only and JFK - LAX on the BusinessElite)

Sept 2
KUL - PVG (Stopover) on Malaysian (with an overnight in KUL)

Sept 9
PVG - DTW - CLT on Delta in BusinessElite and F with a 2 hour layover in DTW.

Originally Posted by beofotch View Post
Update 4

There was a schedule change last night that moved my departure time on August 27 by 1 hour and 5 minutes. As a result I called in to make changes and was able to make some desireable changes to the itinerary to fly transcon on the BusinessElite JFK - LAX and to avoid an overnight in JFK on the return. All in all very pleased with this itinerary for 2 folks for 120,000 miles.

Aug 27
CLT - JFK - LAX - TPE - KUL (Destination) on Delta and Malaysian (with CLT - JFK on a RJ with Y only and JFK - LAX on the BusinessElite)

Sept 2
KUL - PVG (Stopover) on Malaysian (with an overnight in KUL)

Sept 9
PVG - JFK - CLT on China Eastern and Delta (With a 1 hour 35 minute connection at JFK).