FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 pm
bitachu

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Yipee

So I think I got my 75k

In general....

I signed up for card about 5/23(offer was standard 10k)

Got the card around 5/28 Activitated made first purchase.

Called in membership rewards around 5/30(must have been about 3pm eastern). Asked to about the 5894 offer. Got them to note it to the account(75k after 500$ spending in 3 months)

6/7 went over the $550 mark in spending

Secure messaged on 6/8. I believe to membership rewards-travel

this is what I wrote.
I just recently made a travel purchase and got my balance over the $500 min mark to obtain my 75k membership rewards that I was promised(code: 5894). I previously spoke with a membership rewards representative over the phone and she assured me I would receive my points as soon as I meet my minimum spending requirements within 3 months. Is there anyway I receive my membership rewards points sooner. I hope to redeem for some upcoming travel expenses.
Thank you

This is the reply I got today.

I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry today.

A review of your account shows that you were solicited for 10,000 bonus points when you obtained your Premier Rewards Gold Card. With this offer you received 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase. These bonus points were issued to your account on 06/01/2011 and will appear on an upcoming statement.

As a courtesy, I have honored your request for the better offer under bonus ID 5894 and issued an additional 65,000 points to your account today. These points can also be seen on an upcoming statement.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and handled your inquiry to your satisfaction. As a valued customer since 2010, we thank you for your continued loyalty and look forward to serving you in the future.

Have a nice weekend!

Reviewing my acct summary-points summary--statement details. I don't see anything pending(although previously the 10k was pending there) all it says is

There are no transactions of this type for the selected period

still i'm assuming(sorry brand new to membership rewards) it isn't going to apply until I pay or until the statement comes to me. Either way I think i'm getting my points.