FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA overbooked and made me loose all toiletries
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:44 am
blix

BA overbooked and made me loose all toiletries

Hi all,

I am looking for advice regarding this incident:
June 2011 from LHR to Geneva
I arrived at the airport (LHR) 1hr and 45 minutes before departure. At the check-in, they told me that the flight was overbooked and I had to wait until they close check-in to see if there was any seat left for me.

When the check-in was closed they told me that there was no seat BUT i could rush to the gate and wait there in case some of these passengers did not turn up. However they could not check my luggage in as I was not assured a seat, therefore they suggested that I take all my luggages with me through security.

This was done with a 'panic mode on' and stupidly I did not think about all the items security confiscates from hand-luggages.

So at security I lost all my toiletries, perfumes, the full catastrophe. Items that I plan to send through check-in but was forced by BA to take them with my hand-luggages.

I begged security to let me go back out and they said that was not possible.

At the gate they told me that there was a seat for me so I did travel as scheduled minus my personal items. And just for the record there were at least four empty seats in the plane.

What shall I do? I feel I need them to pay for my perfumes and apologise. It's a textbook case of how a corporation can ruin the tranquility of an individual because of their greed (and incompetence).

please advise,

thanks in advance,

blix