FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood hotels in Seoul Korea [Master Thread]
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:28 pm
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya
I enjoyed the W and stayed at the Sheraton. I went back and forth for about a month to rack up on last years stay 3 nights (or four.. can't remember) get one night free (cat 1-6). I used to hang upside down in the W elevators. They have rings dangling from the roof of every elevator (only when I was alone in the elevator). The restaurant (Tonic) was cool on making my custom vegan meals. I didn't like the sheraton staff. They were not very friendly. I think customer care means something different in Asia. Be aware there are dishonest korean taxi drivers. I used my ipad to GPS my destination and in more then 70% of the taxis I used during my work trip, they take an unnecessary route or straight out make a large loop before heading towards your destination.

I'm sure there are dishonest taxi drivers anywhere. I've NEVER met one in Seoul. I've certainly met some taxi drivers that knew better than I did about the best route between point A and B, which may not be obvious as there are always LOTS of things to consider while getting around Seoul - congestion, events, ability to turn left at certain intersections and at certain hours. I've also been to plenty of cities where driving the circumference of the city is better than crossing it on surface roads.