FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT? I've never done it before! BGI, all inclusive.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:30 am
Athlete95

Programs: BA Gold
T8191- are you drunk?

Having been to the Caribbean numerous times, Barbados is probably the last place on my list to return. Naff 4-class dorm 777 and I find it fairly overpriced! Antigua and St.Lucia are much better options, especially St.Lucia as there is a lot more to do there, like go and visit the Pitons. The landing into UVF is also pretty spectacular, you get a full view of the island which is beautiful!

We are looking forward to our holiday to the DR in 2 weeks time- apparently the heavy rains which are currently occuring will shift, and a local friend tells me that this is seasonal to happen at this time. July is one of the drier months (driest in summer) and temperatures reach 33/34C. We are staying in Bayahibe, a small paradise which is an hour and a half away from touristy Punta Cana. 5* resort, 7 a-la-carte restaurants, many exclusive golf courses nearby like Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore etc.

The prices sound fairly good for December, but we paid £2400pp for 2 weeks in the DR with CW flights. Villas in Greece were extortionately priced, so we thought this would be a nice alternative. Rainfall is half of that in St.Lucia in the summer months, and our 10 day holiday there in August 2010 only had 1 day rained off. Have a little look around at the other islands like St.Lucia, Antigua, Granada and St.Kitts and Nevis, you might find a better deal there. If it was me, I would avoid Barbados...