FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access for 1 adult + 2 kids for BMI Gold.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:46 am
vindaloo

Programs: BA GGL
I'm only silver and the staff at the LHR international lounge in Terminal 1 have been kind enough to let me guest both my wife and my two-year-old daughter into the lounge the few times that I've tried. I ask nicely and make clear that I understand that I'm asking them a favour rather than demanding a right, and I've not had any tut tutting or just-this-once-ing, but I may just have been lucky.

Also I do make sure that my daughter behaves and doesn't disturb the other guests, and if she starts making noise or bothering people then I take her out until she calms down.

I tend to find that most parents are pretty good about doing their best to keep kids under control, both in lounges and on flights. In fact, on all the occasions I can think of when the behaviour of someone in a lounge or on a flight has annoyed me, the said person has been a self-important adult complaining loudly that something isn't to his satisfaction.