FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using free nights and points for my Alaska trip. Need help.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:06 pm
soap_bubbles

Using 4 free nights and 2 reward night points for my Alaska trip. Need help.

I have 2 free night certificates and my wife has 2 free night certificates with Marriott. (Total of 4 free night certificate.)
I also have enough points with Priority club for 2 more nights (>50000 PC points). I have covered for 6 nights but the problem is all the hotels are in the main cities. We are more interested in seeing the nature, wildlife etc.,
We are planning for the July 4th weekend get away to Alaska and possibly use these points and certificates for our stay if possible.
We are planning to visit Denali NP, KANTISHNA Wilderness, Wonder Lake, take bus tours there.
Also, we plan to visit Kenai Fjords NP, take a cruise etc., see the glaciers, whales etc.,

The problem is most of the hotels where I can use points/certificates are in either Anchorage and Fairbanks. Fairbanks is far away that we don't want to drive all the way there. The Holiday Inn at Seward is completely sold out for the July 4th weekend. So all the hotels are just in Anchorage, AK.

How do I plan my vacation efficiently using my reward night points and free night certificates?

We arrive ANC on 6/29 night and depart 07/05 night. (Total 6 nights).

Last edited by soap_bubbles; Jun 6, 2011 at 6:14 pm