FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W St Petersburg, Russia [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:52 pm
JumboD

Programs: AA 1MM
I stayed there last week for three nights and would absolutely stay again (especially given the alternatives in the city). Agree that the rooms are rather small, but they are well appointed and the bathrooms are great (particularly the showers).

Shaquira was staying there after her concert in St. Petersburg, and when I got home at 3am I could hear the after party in the 8th floor bar from my room on 4 through the vents . I emailed the manager, suggesting that they look into this for future events and that perhaps the offending guests would like to cover my room for the night, as it was they (not the hotel) who disrupted my stay.

The staff was fantastic and the manager, who is awesome, sat down with me for a half hour the next day just to hear my take on the hotel in general. I told them I didn't expect compensation from the hotel, it wasn't their fault, and that guests (regardless of celeb status) still owe it to other guests to behave. When I got home I found 6k Starpoints in my account (half of one night's stay). The entire staff was very friendly and helpful and most were female and adorable .

Didn't drink in the rooftop bar, but it looked nice and it's open now, though the outside deck is still under construction.

As I said, would stay again in a second and all hotels should be opened by a manager like this.