FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clinic Thread – Why is BA’s award availability so bad? And why are the fees so high?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:43 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
I double-checked my original source and I agree - I was wrong. Chase is limiting the BA 100k bonus to 1 per person.

HOWEVER ... you can cancel the BA Chase card when your 100k is banked and immediately get a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which comes with 50,000 BA miles as a sign-up ....!
To be accurate, Chase is actually offering 50,000 points in their program, which can be transferred to a number of airline and hotel partners, including BA.

Just hope that everyone who qualified for the 100,000 MR point promo for the Amex US Plat card got scared away from the just announced 50% transfer bonus from Membership Rewards to BA by all the grumblings over on the MilesBuzz board about taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges from people who got the Chase BA card. If not, it might get a lot more difficult to get seats in First!