FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEN for a £129? BHX-ZRH-BCN-ZRH-BHX with Swiss and Helvetic
Old May 31, 2011, 5:11 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by Weean
Always a pleasure to read one of your reports, Kevin.
Thanks Weean ^

You seem to have a pretty sweet deal with your cascading status matches. I'm surprised Lufty would match to someone who already holds gold within the family, but being as I can't get the two branches of one big happy United (& Continental) family to recognise that I'm the same person, with the same name, address and email, I should probably be more surprised if you don't get away with it!
What's the term I'm looking for - what the right hand does, the left hand doesn't? Seems to apply well in the LH owned era of BMI.

It's been an odd set of matches I've had over the past few years:
BD > CO*Elite (Pre SkyTeam)
CO*G (Post *A) > KL (ST Elite)
and finally when it comes though
KL (ST Elite) > LH SEN*G

It's useful having a secondary status if by some means I fail to make BD*G this year - or if BMI Diamond Club is finally merged into Miles and More. Either way - I'm all set for status of some kind until 2015 - by which point I should have matched or qualified on another carrier....

Swiss look like the real deal, but I doubt we'll see them in Bristol any time soon. Our sole remaining Star carrier is now Brussels Airlines, operated by BMI. Although both operate BoB, presumably because of some system incompatibility, they still hand out free snacks on this route. Nothing so tasty as a turkey sandwich though. . .
I've got to admit, apart from the awful economy earning at 125 points a segment, I'm warming to Swiss a lot. They have limited bases over here but they seem to have a different "quality" feel say to Mutti Lufty. In some ways, BHX has turned into a little Star Alliance hub - full of little planes - whilst giving me options, all of them seem to be poor amounts of miles - but it's good to have options... before I go southwards and book UA923 heading to ORD...

Thanks Weean.

Last edited by Kevincm; May 31, 2011 at 9:10 am