FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]
Old May 28, 2011, 3:35 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Paralytic
It's not just you; I've got the same issue. I tried to formulate another response, but didn't know where to start and gave up. I'm reminded of the old "Be careful who you argue with" proverb.

My thoughts, in summary:

- BA removed this benefit to save money
- A small percentage of people use this benefit a small number of times
- An even smaller percentage use it a disproportionate number of times, and BA feel they are abusing the spirit of the benfit
- An even smaller percentage are bothered by its impending removal to bother doing something about it
- If I was Gold, I'd be upset that something is being taken away, but I doubt I'd do anything about it

And the football has just kicked off soon, so I'll stop there and add any more later
Well at least the best team won

I think you are missing a category of person, one which I feel some affinity with. I am a current GCH (9 years +) and no longer feel it is worth holding BA Gold anymore, thus any attempt to contact BA to add my 2p to the discourse is entirely pointless. This may be a relatively small group of people, but I don't see the point in retaining UK Gold anymore, and increasingly think even the Euro route isn't that worthwhile.

Is the end of OD the final straw to break the camels back? Honestly it isn't but it does make me feel better about a decision I have already reached. As such I just don't care enough about BA or BAEC to waste my breath trying to explain the error they have made. It has never worked terribly well in the past and I am just weary of the whole thing.