FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]
Old May 28, 2011, 2:55 pm
tom139

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by bren586
All pretty much true

The thing that hacked me off was the communications chap (or chapess) who failed to get a job as a spin doctor with Nu Labour and managed to get some kind of role with BA is now sending me carp emails that offend me.

He was writing for the wrong audience. Someone with time on their hands could work out what the minimum cost is to make gold - it will come out to be a decent sum of cash.

People who spend that sort of money on flying will not be Sun readers so don't expect me to swallow "we have made it better for you"
That isn't actually true. A large percentage of Gold EC Card Holders are actually a result of company travel, not funded by themselves. Some will not be aware of the financial sides of things and the fares will have been agreed in advance etc.

I agree this situation may not have been dealt with in a satisfactory fashion, but let's not start getting personal about BA's Gold Card Holders.