FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Op-Up chance for GO on CX Y vs. BA WT+?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2011, 1:19 am
Connecta

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Op-Up chance for GO on CX Y vs. BA WT+?

Hi there,

Have read the sticky thread and used search on Op-Ups, but couldn't find anything suitable (or was not thorough enough).

I'm GO with MPC and have a round-trip flight HKG-LHR-ZHR-LHR-HKG and am already booked on V-class Eco for 06-10 June.

There's the opportunity to get a BA WT+ (Premium Eco) ticket - I'll get costs reimbursed, so difference does not count. The last time I've been with WT+ was a few years ago and I was not too impressed. Being a not too tall Asian, it's not the WT+ seat & service I'm after. However, I'm aware that WT+ would offer 110% of AM earned. Works out at around an extra 1,200 AM on HKG-LHR RT which is nice, but no major incentive.

The major incentive for me would be a potential Op-Up to J. Any ideas on whether chances for Op-Up would be higher on CX than on BA? I read that BA favours their own more and that BA Silver ranges higher than OneWorld Sapphire, etc. I guess so, but just wanted to get your valued opinions, since it's not Y against Y where CX would clearly win, but Y against Y+.

Thanks in advance!