FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadair CRJ-200 vs. Embraer ERJ-145: IAH-DAL
Old May 22, 2011, 5:02 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by nova08
I do prefer the ERJ to the CRJ primarily due to the single seat. I think many of the RJ's both COX and UAX look tired and worn out. Maybe it's just me but I generally think many of the aircraft I board are way too hot, especially the RJ's.

The service/FA on both have been pretty good. IAH-DAL is a short hop, there seriously does not need to be a drink service. All of the FA's I've had on short hops tell you to ring the bell if you want something.
It would have been nice to have a beverage offered due to the aforementioned uncomfortably warm temperatures in the CRJ cabin.....and on my connecting ExpressJet ERJ-145 flight IAH-LFT, which is marginally shorter in distance when compared to DAL-IAH, full beverage service was offered and gratefully accepted in the form of a Dewars scotch on the rocks (I miss the days when Johnnie Walker Black Label appeared to be the standard scotch on board most if not all of the major U.S. air carriers).....