FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA F to Mumbai last week...
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2011, 4:00 am
PPS1

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA F to Mumbai last week...

Flew New First on the 199 to Mumbai last week. I haven't flown BA to Mumbai for a long time (prefer AI) so it was heartening to see the 744 at the gate! I love that aircraft...

We were about 40% full in the cabin and we even had a celeb with us (Mr. Shah Rukh Khan) - top guy he was, no airs or graces when myself and a couple of others went to chat to him during the cruise phase of the flight. We must have chatted for about 30mins or so! Of course, that could be because we were all sitting in the same cabin and I had a better seat than him (1K vs. 2A). Maybe he wouldn't be so chilled had some bloke from 52E come up and meet him.

Anyways, crew were fair (but not exceptional). One chap was very friendly but the person in charge of the cabin was a right moody so-and-so. Probably had a fight with her husband before the flight. No warmth at all. But the other guy (who was very senior in age, can't be more than a few days away from retirement) was like one of those friendly pub landlords you see in the village. Really friendly, chatty and down-to-earth bloke.

Uneventful flight. Captain was an old-school RAF sort (spoke with the poshest accent I've ever heard on a BA flight) but he got us in 20mins early and made a smooth landing. Good job old boy (no seriously, he was THAT posh)!

1L and 2L were used for disembarkation, which was nice. Normally at Mumbai, 2L is used. Immigration smooth and bags out within literally 1min of the belt starting. Customs asked what flight I came on and waved me through, into the SEARING heat of Mumbai.

Will report on the return flight next week!