FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $200 airline fee reimbursement reports: US Airways only
Old May 19, 2011, 9:49 am
5thofjuly

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
US Airways Trial Preferred Reimbursed!

Just got of the line and the fee for the trial preferred will be reimbursed. Apparently the problem was that even though this is an airline fee, US assigned a ticket number to it which is what caused it not to automatically get reimbursed. However, after a relatively short hold with AMEX Platinum C/S I was told I would be reimbursed the remaining balance I had available. Since it's a manual reimbursement I was told it would take 2-4 weeks to actually hit my account, but he did confirm that it would absolutely be reimbursed.

Just another FYI, US Trial Preferred has an additional $15 federal fee so the total cost is $215 of which only $200 will be reimbursed, but still a good deal.

Thanks SkyTeam777 for pushing me to make the call. Amex as always was pleasant to deal with and I wound up getting more money put back in my pocket.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Did you try calling AMEX to have this manually reviewed? It should count especially if gift cards are counting for this credit!