FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2011, 9:33 pm
nonce

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I agree with nonce!

Ok - US airlines are not great at protecting premium cabin revenue. BUT, they are good at maintaining loyalty.
Ahh yes but you are not going to get to 3600 SC every year if you only fly down the back all the time on the cheapest of cheap fares. What this does do is help the P1 flyer out of Y in the times that there is space available, like for annual sales conferences, whole of company meetings etc where the standard J class travel policy does not apply.

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Those in flight benefits like dining are actually quite hard to offer as it can turn the entire crew routine upside down.
You can already express dine, and dine on demand from the snack menu. Likewise UA managed to do a great job of doing this as a 1P for me ex SFO without any problems. Even BA can manage with their sleeper services.

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Is that all you want? Call me intuitive but I think you might be continuing to fly UA.
Originally Posted by Oneworldplus2
DYKWIA......
Then have I missed the point of P1 as the top publicly available tier in the program then? Or has QF? Otherwise yes I am happy to continue to fly best premium fare of the day to the US and Asia but it sounds like QF has an issue with this and is trying to work out how to stop the slide once a Platinum gets to 1200 SC in a year but actually does a whole lot more flying.

Unless P1 is super attractive no one is going to change back to QF as a result.