FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive PAYBACK Thread
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2011, 6:58 am
German-FLyer

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
No, I have no answer to that since I never came even closely to such a high Payback account balance.

I am rather amazed about how much you have spent with Payback partners or was there a promo I missed?
Since the transfer normally used to work within a couple of days, I have accumulated quite some points on my payback account over the years, just as a reserve. Now that I need them, they seem to be as reliable as some state bonds in Europe...

As gum mentioned, you can either use the subscription service, which will transfer your Payback balance twice a year (Meilen-Abo) or whenever you need it (Umwandlung nach Bedarf), which now has a transfer minimum of 200 points (rather than 1000 points in the past). Both can be done online and I have used it in the past.

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Payback points are only transferred twice a year into your M&M account, in March and September. Having signed up for the payback promo to have them converted 1=1 into miles does not mean it will be transferred immediately. So I assume in your situation, you will have to wait until September. So my question to German-FLyer:

Have you really transferred the points (how?) or just signed up for the transfer?
So yes, I am sure the points are being transferred (they have also been deducted from my account) and even Payback admits, that it shouldn't take more than 3 working days.

I have now spoken with a supervisor from Payback and she promised to call me back today, but I am not getting my hopes up... I guess I will just have to use some Starpoints to get the job done in time