FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA can it get any worse?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2011, 9:54 am
ifitaintcomeoutadabay

Originally Posted by magic111
Sorry to hear about all your problems now and before with the other airlines. on your other trips.

If it happened to me my decision would be most likely to walk or not go anywhere.
Oh, I get it. You're being sarcastic. I suppose it is pointless and naive to complain about the lack of quality in a service that most of the time one has no choice but to use. The gov't should also lighten up, don't you think? I mean the 24 million in fines for shoddy maintenance practices last year were really nitpicking; and the fees they charged bumped passengers for using their travel vouchers--so funny!

Originally Posted by FWAAA
While generally true, the OP messed up and released AA from that liability by flying to DFW rather than staying in MIA where the flight canceled. The OP could have obtained a room in MIA but having decided to fly to DFW, the OP was now on their own.

It's too bad that the OP didn't register here and ask questions about their poor decisions before they were made (like paying for biz on a plane old 757), but that's par for the Flyertalk course.
Hey there! guess what? you're wrong about everything. I went to Dallas with my record annotated that I should get a hotel and they acknowledged as much in Dallas. The personnel there just decided it was too expensive. And I paid for 'biz' on a plane old 757 (is that your idea of clever word play?) because I wanted the power outlet on a long flight and to be less uncomfortable on a second overnight flight. Thanks for your worldly advice.

Originally Posted by sts603
See all other responses. Such perspective comes from flying. Figured I'd save articulating it since everyone else would.
The other perspective that comes from flying is the terrible service that spurred new airline passenger rights.
There's a difference between understanding that stuff happens and being treated in a grossly unfair and disrespectful way as a matter of course.

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
How did you complain to get such a reaction?

I am curious if you decide not to ever fly with AA since it is the worst airline, what Airline will you choose that has none of these problems. And since you stated that you live near Dallas, I am even more interested in that answer.
I would love to never fly AA but sometimes there's no choice. And I don't live near Dallas I live in CA.

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
You shelled out $900 more for J and yet couldn't/wouldn't pay for a $200 hotel and kipped in a lobby. If it makes you feel any better most airports haven't had customer service desks since the same era of the adapter plugs you bemoan.
You're right about the customer service in general. But CO has customer service desks in their hubs. At least for the time being. I couldn't find a one in Dallas for AA even though it's a hub. they do have people in Miami -- and inevitably long lines of people.

Last edited by JY1024; May 17, 2011 at 10:29 am Reason: merged 5 consecutive posts - please consider using "multi-quote" feature